5 Prayers for a New Decade of Bible Ministry
Join us as we pray for the knowledge of God’s glory to fill the earth
As we step into 2020 and beyond, God is on the move! He is pouring out his spirit on all flesh and we are currently seeing the greatest revival in our history.
People everywhere are praising the name of Jesus!
But sharing the gospel message isn’t always easy. Just ask 150 national Bible Societies. These Bible Societies work in more than 240 countries and territories around the world. Some Bible Societies do their work in areas that are hostile to Christianity. Others face a shortage of materials: financial and human resources. And still others are challenged by the hard-to-reach places and audiences they’re called to share the gospel.
Yet these Bible heroes give their lives to make the Bible available for everyone. In 2018, they distributed more 354.6 million Scriptures! Their brave mission to translate, publish, and distribute the Bible’s life-changing message is one of the reasons we’re seeing so many lives transformed today.
Let’s pray that God will continue to reveal himself to the world in this upcoming decade through the work of national Bible Societies.
- God’s anointing and power. Pray that ministries that are undertaken in the next decade will be empowered by the Holy Spirit. “I am the Lord All-Powerful. So don’t depend on your own power or strength, but on my Spirit.” (Zechariah 4:6)
- Life Transformation. Pray that as people hear, see, and experience God’s Word that they will commit to following Jesus. “Only Jesus has the power to save! His name is the only one in all the world that can save anyone.” (Acts 4:12)
- Provision for daily needs. Pray for needed resources to fuel the work of Bible Societies.
“And with all his abundant wealth through Christ Jesus, my God will supply all your needs.” (Philippians 4:19)
- Protection from violence. Ask God to watch over Bible Societies working in oppressive environments. Pray for protection from persecution and oppression.
“Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you.” (Isaiah 41:10)
- Courage to persevere. Ask God to give Bible Societies the courage to stand amid trying circumstances.
“I’ve commanded you to be strong and brave. Don’t ever be afraid or discouraged! I am the Lord your God, and I will be there to help you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
Thanks to the support of our faithful financial partners, American Bible Society has been engaging people with the life-changing message of God’s Word for more than 200 years.
Help us share God's Word where needed most.
Sign up to receive regular updates on our work and learn how you can pray for Bible ministry in the U.S. and around the world.