Five Ways to Pray for the Middle East
Learn how to pray for the Middle East, one of the most dangerous regions in the world
The Middle East continues to be one of the most turbulent regions in the world. The frequent violence, including acts of terror, bloody civil wars, and religious oppression, has an enormous spiritual and emotional effect on the people who experience it.
As a result, there is a great need in the Middle East for the hope and comfort found in God’s Word.
That’s why, together with local Bible Societies and ministry partners, we are using diverse platforms in the Middle East to share the love and peace found in Scripture. Through innovative satellite and digital platforms, Scripture can now be shared in a way that does not pose a risk to the safety of those engaging it; Christian satellite television is bringing a message of hope to millions, right in their homes. Bible-based trauma healing sessions are bringing the healing found in God’s Word to those who have experienced emotional and spiritual pain.
As this important work continues, here are five ways you can pray for the Middle East:
- Peace. Ask God to end the violence. Pray for political leaders and structures to bring peace to the region.
- The Church and Believers. Ask God to protect those providing God’s Word and those engaging with it, especially amidst the threat of persecution and strict restrictions against proselytizing.
- Wisdom. Pray for effective collaboration among Christian leaders and organizations in the Middle East that provide support and resources across national borders.
- Open hearts. Ask God to open people’s hearts to Scripture, even in the midst of chaos.
- Current Efforts. Ask God to multiply the impact of current ministry efforts so that people living in that region can find refuge and strength in him.
Thanks to the support of our faithful financial partners, American Bible Society has been engaging people with the life-changing message of God’s Word for nearly 200 years.
Help us share God's Word where needed most.
Sign up to receive regular updates on our work and learn how you can pray for Bible ministry in the U.S. and around the world.