How to Pray for the End-to-End Ministry
In 1999, I went on a mission trip to Peru that took me to some remote tribal villages of the northern Amazon. As we rode on an old wooden boat along the Itaya River and visited people in stilt houses, my heart was full of joy as people heard the redemptive story of Jesus Christ for the first time.
Today, you have an opportunity to pray for millions of people around the world to hear the good news contained in Scripture for the first time through the End-to-End ministry.
What is End-to-End?
End-to-End is a collaboration among Bible Societies, Faith Comes By Hearing® and the JESUS Film Project® to share God’s Word with people who can’t read or who live in communities that rely on oral tradition. Often these groups live in hard-to-reach places, and many have never heard the story of Jesus before. The ministry typically has three phases:
- Show the JESUS Film in a community’s heart language.
- Organize new and existing believers into Audio Scripture listening groups.
- Present a Bible to members of listening groups who can read.
Sometimes churches form from these groups; other times, new believers are plugged into already-existing churches.
End-to-End Ministry Outcomes
In 2015, the End-to-End ministry reached more than 720,000 people in 18 countries across Asia, Africa and the Americas. In 2016 the End-to-End program expanded to 29 projects in 27 countries.
People watching the JESUS Film in the Sambalpurro/Kosli language in Western Orissa, India. More than 13,000 people attended, and 14,750 Gospel of Matthew Scripture Portions were distributed during Easter Week.
- God to reveal himself to first-time Bible listeners and readers as they encounter his Word.
- End-to-End participants to experience God’s love and grace through Bible listening groups, Bible reading groups and screenings of the JESUS Film.
- More people to encounter God in Scripture as the End-to-End program expands into 10 new countries.
- The JESUS Film Project, Faith Comes By Hearing and national Bible Societies as they bring resources together to reach more people.
Thanks to the support of our faithful financial partners, American Bible Society has been engaging people with the life-changing message of God’s Word for nearly 200 years.
Help us share God's Word where needed most.
Sign up to receive regular updates on our work and learn how you can pray for Bible ministry in the U.S. and around the world.