Pray for Healing and Peace for Syrians
Join us in praying for the people of Syria to experience God’s healing, restoration, and peace
In a recent report from Bible Society of Syria, we heard the story of Bana*, a Syrian woman who was held captive for more than a year by a military group.
Armed with a small Bible, she daily prayed Bible verses. After being released she wrote:
“Due to my own experience, I started believing so strongly that God would not leave [us] alone. Yes, deep in my heart I could feel that God had been and continued being with me all the time.”
God is healing hearts in Syria, but many are still hurting from the physical, emotional, and spiritual wounds of the country’s six-year civil war. Join us in praying that all Syrians would experience God’s healing, restoration, and peace. Here’s how you can pray:
- Healing for the wounded – Ask God to heal those who have been physically, emotionally, and spiritually wounded by this civil war.
I am the Lord, the one who heals you. Exodus 15:26 (GNT)
- Provision for refugees – Ask God to help Syrian families who have fled their homes because of the violence. Ask God to provide them new homes where they will be safe and cared for.
But you see the trouble and the distress, and you will do something. The poor can count on you, and so can orphans. Psalm 10:14 (CEV)
- Strength for the caregivers – Ask God to strengthen those who have given money, time, resources, and space in their homes for Syrians in need. May God bless them as they provide assistance to others.
The Lord gives strength to those who are weary. Isaiah 40:29 (CEV)
- Safety for children – Ask God to protect all Syrian people, especially the children. Pray that he would keep these little ones from physical and emotional harm.
Protect me, Lord, from the power of the wicked; keep me safe from violent people who plot my downfall. Psalm 140:4 (GNT)
- Comfort for believers/the Church – Ask God to comfort believers in Syria as they face intense persecution for their faith. Pray that they would continue to have an impact for God in their hurting communities.
Let your constant love comfort me, as you have promised me, your servant. Psalm 119:76 (CEV)
*real name withheld to protect identity
Thanks to the support of our faithful financial partners, American Bible Society has been engaging people with the life-changing message of God’s Word for nearly 200 years.
Help us share God's Word where needed most.
Sign up to receive regular updates on our work and learn how you can pray for Bible ministry in the U.S. and around the world.