Urgent Prayer Alert: Coronavirus Outbreak
Join us as we pray for God to end the coronavirus and heal all those affected
As coronavirus fears continue to mount around the world, we’re urging people everywhere to tackle fear with faith. Let our belief in Jesus’s mighty power fuel our prayers for an end to the coronavirus.
As of April 1, COVID-19, the coronavirus disease, has claimed more than 37,000 lives and the number of people infected has grown to more than 783,000 cases in 206 countries, territories, and areas around the world. And that number changes constantly! China, the United States, Italy, Iran, and Spain have been hit the hardest. In the last month, the epicenter shifted from Wuhan, China, where the virus is thought to have initially broken out, to New York City.
Many nations are under quarantine. Entire cities have been shut down. People are confined to their homes and many are separated from their families. This pandemic will have long-lasting effects economically, psychologically, and spiritually.
We are praying for God to intervene. And he is moving in the midst of tragedy.
Chinese Christian Community Unites Against Coronavirus
Since the coronavirus outbreak in China, churches in Wuhan and in many cities and towns all over the country have suspended their gatherings. But that hasn’t stopped the church!
Although it is not possible to assemble in the church, worship services are pre-recorded on audio or video and sermons are being shared via social media channels to the church members.
Prayer is rising! Chinese church leaders are leading their congregations in united intercession for the sick, while health workers and authorities work to stop further spread of the virus.
But that’s not all. Many churches in China have donated funds to relief foundations like Amity Foundation, the Red Cross, and the National Three Self-Patriotic Movement, the governing body for the Protestant Christian church. These funds are being used to purchase and deliver medical supplies to the affected areas. In these dark days, we are seeing God’s love in action through the Chinese Christian community.
With the coronavirus spreading, we’re urging the global community of faith to pray. Join us as we pray for the following:
- China, the United States, and all nations affected. Pray for the people of China, the United States, Italy, Iran, Spain, and other nations where the virus is spreading. Pray that no more lives will be lost as a result of this virus.
- An end to the virus. Pray for God to stop the further spread of the coronavirus. Pray for wisdom for authorities and scientists working to develop a vaccination.
- Global Christian church. Pray for churches to be strengthened as they share the love and hope of Jesus in their communities.
- Healing. Pray for healing for those affected by the virus. Also pray for comfort for those who are grieving the loss of loved ones.
- Medical workers. Pray for the safety and endurance of all medical staff working to help the sick.
- Quarantined patients. Pray for all quarantined patients to be comforted by God as they wait to be reunited with family
You can provide the hope of God’s Word to hurting populations due to COVID-19. Will you help Chinese communities bring God’s love in action?
Thanks to the support of our faithful financial partners, American Bible Society has been engaging people with the life-changing message of God’s Word for more than 200 years.
Help us share God's Word where needed most.
Sign up to receive regular updates on our work and learn how you can pray for Bible ministry in the U.S. and around the world.