5 Creative Ways to Inspire Your Children to Pray for Bible Ministry
Teaching your children to pray for God’s Word to transform lives
One night during dinner, I suddenly became keenly aware of my kids’ prayers. They prayed about their day, their family, their problems. All good things to pray about. But that’s when I knew I needed to inspire them to pray for lives to be transformed by God’s Word.
As parents, we must teach our children that their prayers are powerful, and God hears them when they pray. That’s why they should not only pray for themselves, but they should also pray for others.
We began to boldly pray for people everywhere to be transformed by the power of God’s Word. We prayed for lives to be saved, hearts to be healed, and minds to be renewed. We prayed for our neighbors, our community, our nation, and nations across the earth. We believed what Scripture says in Psalm 86:10 (GNT), “You are mighty and do wonderful things; you alone are God.”
Your kids are mighty intercessors. Whether they are two years old or twelve years old, their prayers have a huge impact. As you gather to pray with your children, here are a few ideas to inspire their prayers for Bible ministry around the world.
- Use a prayer map. Take your kids around the world with this 31-day Kids World Prayer Map. They will pray for people in every nation to have a chance to hear about Jesus.
- Adopt a Bible translation project in prayer. There are approximately 3,800 languages representing 2.2 billion people that do not have access to Scripture in their native language. But thankfully, work is underway for God’s Word to be translated into many of these languages. To pray for a specific Bible translation project, check out https://illuminations.bible/. To pray for Bible translation ministry, download this 21 Days of Prayer for Kids resource.
- Tell them about kids’ ministries. Share ministries like Hero Squad which reaches Military kids with God’s Word or Children’s Trauma Healing which helps hurting children heal from their wounds.
- Connect them to local outreach programs in your community. It is important for your children to see the needs of their community, whether through church service projects or volunteer opportunities at the food bank. This will inform them how to pray for others right where they live.
- Tell the stories of men and women who shared the gospel. Share the stories of brave men and women who gave their life so that others could hear the good news of Jesus. Let these stories inspire their prayers for God’s Word to reach every person on this earth.
Thanks to the support of our faithful financial partners, American Bible Society has been engaging people with the life-changing message of God’s Word for more than 200 years.
Help us share God's Word where needed most.
Sign up to receive regular updates on our work and learn how you can pray for Bible ministry in the U.S. and around the world.