5 Ways to Pray for Bible-Based Trauma Healing Facilitators
Pray for those leading others to a place of spiritual healing
When Carine arrived in Cameroon, she knew it was going to be hard. But she didn’t know how hard.
She was there to train church leaders on Bible-based trauma healing so they could tend to those in need within their communities. The violent turmoil and civil unrest in the nation had created an urgent need for healing groups. The participants would be equipped to help others through this scriptural approach to coping with the painful effects of trauma.
On the second day of training, one of Carine’s participants received news that his brother was killed in an outbreak of war. The next day, he learned that two of his cousins were also killed.
The man decided to stay in Carine’s training. He felt there was nothing he could do for the family members he had lost. But he believed he’d be able to help others if he learned how to rely on God in the midst of the hardest possible pain imaginable.
The group gathered around this man and prayed. And they wept. And they asked God for his healing power to work miraculously through the raw pain.
And they kept going.
Caring for Facilitators
There are more than 8,500 Bible-based trauma healing trainers in over 100 countries around the world. Like Carine, these people have a tender heart for the hurting and desire to make a difference by leading trauma healing groups. Using God’s Word, these loving guides help hurting people identify their pain, share their suffering, and bring their wounds to Jesus for healing.
But so often, as in the case with Carine, those leading trauma healing groups hear unimaginable stories of pain and suffering. This can be emotionally heavy work. They need God’s support as they act as vessels of his nurturing love.
It was God’s strength that enabled Carine to lead the participants through this challenging time. “God is good,” says Carine. “I am in the right place at the right time. Even today’s lesson on grief and lament could not have been more appropriate for this group to manage this grief.”
Will you join us in praying for trauma healing facilitators like Carine to be empowered by God’s Spirit as they seek to do his work?
- Protection. Pray for hearts to be protected as trainers and facilitators listen to painful stories of human suffering.
- Emotional, physical, and spiritual renewal. Ask God to remove every heavy burden by the power of the Holy Spirit and renew trainers and facilitators daily.
- Wisdom. Ask God to give trainers and facilitators wisdom as they lead healing groups. Pray for every healing group session to be infused with the power of God to set people free.
- Favor. Pray that God will open doors within communities so trainers and facilitators can lead healing groups and meet the needs.
- More trainers and facilitators. Ask God to raise up a desire in the hearts of many to become involved in the ministry of Bible-based trauma healing.
Thanks to the support of our faithful financial partners, American Bible Society has been engaging people with the life-changing message of God’s Word for more than 200 years.
Help us share God's Word where needed most.
Sign up to receive regular updates on our work and learn how you can pray for Bible ministry in the U.S. and around the world.