Bible Heroes Around the World Need Your Prayers
Pray for Bible Societies sharing Jesus with a hurting world
As the world stays home to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, Bible Societies around the world are reaching out to bring Jesus’s hope to those battling grief, illness, anxiety, and fear.
Uniquely positioned in more than 200 countries and territories, these 150 Bible Societies exist to make the Bible available for everyone. And there is no time like now to share the messages of peace found in God’s Word.
Here are some of the ways Bible Societies are shining the light of Jesus in these dark times:
- Bible Society of Guatemala has joined local churches in delivering food kits, along with a New Testament. So far, they have given out more than 15,000 New Testaments!
- Philippines Bible Society is doing a daily “I Proclaim” series on Facebook sharing the good news of Jesus with readings from God’s Word.
- Ceylon Bible Society in Sri Lanka is doing a daily “Let’s Worship Together” series on Facebook with a morning devotional and live worship.
- Bangledesh Bible Society is providing Bible-based trauma healing using a curriculum called “Beyond Disaster” to address trauma related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Bible Society of Slovenia launched “God’s Word in Times of Distress,” a free e-book that contains the audio New Testament along with encouraging messages.
But even as Bible Societies labor to provide spiritual support, they are not unaffected by this global pandemic.
Bible Societies Around the World Need Your Prayers
Bible Societies are facing immense challenges. In Peru, a program to deliver breakfast and Scripture for 1,000 children in 20 towns has been suspended due to restrictions. In Brazil, work hours and salaries have been reduced.
Many Bible Societies face long-term economic effects that not only threaten their ability to provide God’s Word, but threaten their future.
Yet our hope is in Jesus! We trust that he is going to protect every Bible Society and help each one fulfill its mission to point all people to Jesus. He is the hope of all nations. Will you join us in praying for the Bible Societies?
- God to uphold, protect, and strengthen each Bible Society staff member, volunteer, and their loved ones.
- Wisdom and love to share the Bible’s message of hope in this difficult time.
- Financial stability to be able to sustain Bible mission during this COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
“All nations will place their hope in him.” – Matthew 12:21
Thanks to the support of our faithful financial partners, American Bible Society has been engaging people with the life-changing message of God’s Word for more than 200 years.
Help us share God's Word where needed most.
Sign up to receive regular updates on our work and learn how you can pray for Bible ministry in the U.S. and around the world.