How to Pray and Get Involved with Our Ministry to Military Communities
Combine prayer and action for U.S. Service Members, Veterans, and their families
As Americans, we love expressing our gratitude for our nation’s Military heroes. We applaud, cheer, say thank you, and observe holidays that honor the brave men and women who protect and defend our freedoms. Today we want to share with you even more ways you can support active duty Service Members, Veterans, and their families.
Prayer is powerful! The American evangelist and writer R. A. Torrey said, “Prayer is the key that unlocks all the storehouses of God’s infinite grace and power.” And if anyone needs God’s grace and power—it’s the Military community! Your prayers invite God to move in the lives of these precious people, bringing his hope and peace. So, let’s keep praying. Here are three ways you can pray.
- Pray for the Military community. Ask God to strengthen and comfort them through his Word. Pray for God’s protection, healing, and grace for each one.
- Pray for Chaplains. Pray for the approximately 3,000 chaplains caring for Service members and Veterans. Pray that they will be a godly influence.
- Pray for resources. Pray that biblical resources and programs will continue to reach those in the Military community, along with any other resources needed for their care.
Second, Get Involved!
Since 1817, American Bible Society has supported Military communities by equipping them with God’s Word. To date, we have provided more than 60 million free Bible resources. The Armed Services Ministry team is dedicated to providing a suite of programs designed to address all those involved in Military service. And you can be a part of the wonderful things this ministry is doing. Here are three
ways you can get involved:
- Share these powerful Scripture engagement resources. If you know anyone in the Military, or if your church has a ministry for Military communities, check out these powerful programs for Scripture engagement as well as Military Bibles.
- Listen to this episode of the Prayer Snapshot. We invited a member of the Armed Services Team to share with our prayer community how we can pray for children of Military families. Don’t miss out on these key insights.
- Help us send Bibles to our Troops and Veterans. For a small amount, you can place a Bible in the hands and heart of a Service Member or Veteran who needs God’s peace, encouragement, and hope.
Thanks to the support of our faithful financial partners, American Bible Society has been engaging people with the life-changing message of God’s Word for more than 200 years.
Help us share God's Word where needed most.
Sign up to receive regular updates on our work and learn how you can pray for Bible ministry in the U.S. and around the world.